2015年9月28日月曜日

Thoughts Can be Double Checked


Persistent thoughts can be annoying, and sometimes their nature
can't be revealed with a single look.

So, I'd rather double check them this way:



Say that a thought "I am inferior to others" occurs.

① First, question the THINKER of the thought - 
     Am "I" thinking this thought?

② Then, question the CONTENT of the thought - 
     Who is this "I" that is inferior to others?


If persistent, sticky thoughts occur, make it an opportunity
to dig up their root.  Inquire. 

You'll find that they don't have any roots anyway ... :)


...


One more thing to add.

Most of the times, what makes thoughts annoying is not the
thought itself, but the uncomfortable feeling that comes
when believing in a thought.  

This feeling can be persistent,
but however persistent, it can't escape the light of inquiry.


So, when such feeling is felt, don't forget to question it in the 
below manner:

"Who is feeling this feeling?  Am 'I' feeling it?"


Enjoy your inquiry!




2 件のコメント:

  1. Hola hermano!
    I've been trying this "inquiry" for quite a while now and I'm kind of getting the idea of "a thought is just a thought" but every now and then my anger and all the ugly emotions come back and I really hate myself for that. How can I convince myself that past is a past and I just need to let it go.... Besos y abrazos, te extrano mucho, Sumire

    返信削除
  2. Hey hermanita. :)

    You don't have to suppress, judge,
    nor hate emotions ...

    Every time they pop out, ask yourself in this manner;
    "Whose emotions are these? Do 'I' own them?"

    Try to find where and how this "I" you think
    owns the emotions (or past) can exist.

    Also, when a scene from the memory arises,
    take a look (literally!) into it, and see where and how
    "you" exist in that scene. Take a very close look.

    At the same time, persevere, embrace the emotions.
    They might or might not disappear,
    but bit by bit, they will lose their power to bother ...

    As an alternative care,
    you can do this (see the link below).
    It really helped me a lot, and I'm sure it will
    be a help for you too.

    http://www.kikoukakumei.com/work_intro.htm

    Let me hear how it went.

    Peace. :)

    返信削除