2015年9月13日日曜日

Where do "I" exist?

We go on exploring the questions in the last post.

First question: Where do "I" exist?

I guess a lot of people would say, "I exist in my body,"
so I want to start from this unexamined belief.

...


If I exist somewhere in my body, which part exactly
in my body do I exist?

Head?

Heart?
Hands?
Brain?

Close your eyes, keep still, 

FEEL it, and examine.

...


When I do this,

I notice that I'm not 100% sure whether I exist 
anywhere "in" my body.

So, I find out that "I exist in my body" was 

just another belief - a dream.

...


You say "I exist in my whole body"?


Then, I and body are the same, so why don't you just say 

"I am the body"?

...


We tend to think that there is something separate

from the body that has its own will and can control
the way body moves, feels, etc. - this is what we call "I."


Is that true, though?



If I and body are not separate, it means that there isn't

anything other than the body there.

So, where is the "I"?


Try finding it.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿